In The News
Village Request for Ordinance Investigation Form now available online.
Please complete form regarding any concerns including blight, parking in yards, code violations, loose animals, etc. and return it to the Village.
You can find the document HERE on our FORMS page under the “Citizen Concerns” tab, or by searching for “Request for Investigation” in the search field.
Brush Pickup – Beginning April 1, 2021
1. Stack your brush along the roadway (not in the
road) by 7 am on the day of pickup.
2. Keep sections under than 8 feet in length and no thicker than 4″ in diameter
3. Pile them no more than 4′ high
4. Do not mix leaves, grass clippings, or other vegetation with brush.
5. Do not mix any trash, debris, lumber, paper or other trash and debris with the
6. This service is for trimming of brush, shrubs and trees and branches that may
fall in a storm. The village is not able to take trunks and root balls.
7. Residents Are to only PLACE ONLY 1 PILE OF BRUSH AT THE
ROADSIDE. The Village will not remove brush from clearing of lots or from tree
8. Brush pickup will be done by zone. Zone 1 residents will have their brush
picked up starting the first Monday of each month. Zone 2 residents will have
their brush picked up starting the Third Monday of the month. (work schedules
and emergencies allowing)
9. Brush shall not be placed to the curb more than 48 hrs prior to the scheduled
pickup. This includes placing brush out after pick up has already been made.
Brush will need to be removed within 72 hours of receiving notification.
Questions? Call 624-6406
Click Below to Download The Brush Pickup Zone Map
There is no denying it; first impressions really do count! What your customers and—more importantly—what your potential customers see when they look at your business from the street can make or break your relationship with them. But, with the expenses associated with growing any type of enterprise in today’s marketplace, who can afford to worry about what the outside of a business looks like? With the help available from the Lawton Downtown Development Authority (DDA), you can.
The Lawton DDA is excited to introduce their new Façade Improvement Program to assist businesses and property owners in Lawton’s Downtown. The purpose of the façade improvement program is to encourage improvements to commercial facades visible from the public right of way. The program funding is intended to provide financial incentives for quality façade development.
The Façade Improvement Program is a 50/50 matching program. The program will offer grant assistance up to $1,000 to building owners/tenants for the purpose of having specified building improvements. For example, if an owner has a $1,000 project, the DDA will fund up to $500 for the project. If an owner has a $2,000 project, the DDA will fund up to $1,000. Eligible Façade Improvements include:
- Painting, stucco or other exterior enhancement
- Facade detail and trim restoration or replacement
- Brick, stone, and wood façade restoration or replacement
- Restoration or replacement of window and door framesets
- Addition or replacement of awnings and canopies
- Removal of old signage and installation of new conforming signage
Attached to this post is the Downtown Façade Improvement Program guidelines and the Application. After review, if you have more questions, please give Village Hall a call at 269.624.6407. The 2021 Downtown Façade Improvement Applications are due June 1, 2021. More information can also be found at www.LawtonMI.gov.